Information on the Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2009
Correctional facilities and telephone service providers have long been taking advantage of inmates and their families by imposing hefty charges on phone calls made from prison. As a result, the Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2009 was drafted and submitted to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce for general debate on February 23rd, 2009.
The Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2009 amended the Communications Act of 1934, guiding the FCC to take into account the following regulations concerning the use of telephones in correctional facilities:
- Establishing a maximum uniform rate per-minute, paid to telephone service providers
- Establishing a maximum uniform service connection fee or other per-call rate
- Establishing variable maximum rates based on criteria including carrier costs and correctional facility size
- Requiring telephone providers to offer both collect calls and debit accounts to inmates
- Prohibiting commissions for correctional facilities from telephone providers
- Requiring correctional facilities to offer a choice of service providers at each facility
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Providers, Inmate Telephone Service or Contact Us.
TextNow | Skype | PhonePower | eVoice | SpoofCard
Search The Web:
Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2009
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)