Information on PAY-TEL Inmate Telephone Service and Systems
PAY-TEL is an inmate telephone service operating in the southeastern United States, servicing correctional institutions in:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
PAY-TEL offers its customers a comprehensive, internet-based system. This allows inmates’ family and friends the ability to set up accounts, check and pay balances, request refunds, and block or unblock numbers, all online. PAY-TEL customers have 24-hour access to an Automated Customer Service Phone System in case they need any assistance.
PAY-TEL can be useful in the following situations:
- If your local telephone company has billing limits for collect calls
- If your wireless carrier has billing limits for collect calls
- If your phone number won’t allow collect calls from inmates
- If you want to benefit from discounted rates on collect calls
- If you need to budget your telephone bills
PAY-TEL offers the following features:
- Each call commences with a pre-recorded announcement of the correctional facility and the caller’s name. Only after the call has been accepted by the called party, will the billing start.
- Called parties have the option of listening to the call charges during collect calls.
- By opening a prepaid account with a Family Connection Calling Plan, called parties can benefit from significant reductions compared to standard rates with their local telephone company.
PAY-TEL offers two different kinds of accounts:
PAY-TEL Family Connection Calling Plan
This account offers discounts on every call received, depending on the prepaid amount that has been deposited. No credit checks are required to open a Family Connection Calling Plan account.
PAY-TEL Direct Bill Account
The Direct Bill Account requires customers to obtain a satisfactory Beacon Credit score. Once established, they may make calls up to the value of the credit limit.
Rates of service are available on their website: http://188.8.131.52/paytelcom/rates.html
Payments and fees
Bills and prepaid accounts can be paid by Visa, Mastercard, check or debit card, check, Moneygram or Western Union.
The minimum for any payment is $25.
Any payment via third party payment processor will be charged a Payment Processing Fee of $3 or more.
Included in the customer’s monthly telephone bill is a PAY-TEL monthly Bill Processing Fee. These charges are put in place to cover the billing, collecting and remitting of different regulated and government-mandated fees.
Pay Tel Contact Information
Website Contact Information: http://www.paytel.com/contactcs.php
References:Inmate Phone Calls. Learn more about Inmate Telephone Providers, Inmate Telephone Service or Contact Us. .
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “When you show yourself to the world and display your talents, you naturally stir all kinds of resentment, envy, and other manifestations of insecurity... you cannot spend your life worrying about the petty feelings of others” - Robert Greene