Information on PAY-TEL Inmate Telephone Service and Systems
PAY-TEL is an inmate telephone service operating in the southeastern United States, servicing correctional institutions in:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
PAY-TEL offers its customers a comprehensive, internet-based system. This allows inmates’ family and friends the ability to set up accounts, check and pay balances, request refunds, and block or unblock numbers, all online. PAY-TEL customers have 24-hour access to an Automated Customer Service Phone System in case they need any assistance.
PAY-TEL can be useful in the following situations:
- If your local telephone company has billing limits for collect calls
- If your wireless carrier has billing limits for collect calls
- If your phone number won’t allow collect calls from inmates
- If you want to benefit from discounted rates on collect calls
- If you need to budget your telephone bills
PAY-TEL offers the following features:
- Each call commences with a pre-recorded announcement of the correctional facility and the caller’s name. Only after the call has been accepted by the called party, will the billing start.
- Called parties have the option of listening to the call charges during collect calls.
- By opening a prepaid account with a Family Connection Calling Plan, called parties can benefit from significant reductions compared to standard rates with their local telephone company.
PAY-TEL offers two different kinds of accounts:
PAY-TEL Family Connection Calling Plan
This account offers discounts on every call received, depending on the prepaid amount that has been deposited. No credit checks are required to open a Family Connection Calling Plan account.
PAY-TEL Direct Bill Account
The Direct Bill Account requires customers to obtain a satisfactory Beacon Credit score. Once established, they may make calls up to the value of the credit limit.
Rates of service are available on their website: http://184.108.40.206/paytelcom/rates.html
Payments and fees
Bills and prepaid accounts can be paid by Visa, Mastercard, check or debit card, check, Moneygram or Western Union.
The minimum for any payment is $25.
Any payment via third party payment processor will be charged a Payment Processing Fee of $3 or more.
Included in the customer’s monthly telephone bill is a PAY-TELL monthly Bill Processing Fee. These charges are put in place to cover the billing, collecting and remitting of different regulated and government-mandated fees.
Tags: paytel,pay tel,paytel inmate phone service,paytel collect calls,paytell,paytel communications,paytel.com,www.paytel.com,paytel phone number,paytel account,paytel customer service number,paytel number,inmate phone services,paytel customer service,inmate telephone service,paytel rates,paytel inmate jail,prison phone service,paytel phone service,correctional billing services,pay-tel,how to get paytel,inmate telephoneGet A Virtual Phone Number In Any City (Or Toll Free) Forwarded To Your Phone - Free Trial!
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls. Learn more about Inmate Telephone Providers, Inmate Telephone Service or Contact Us.
Alabama | Alaska | American Samoa | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | District of Columbia | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Marshall Islands | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Puerto Rico | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Virgin Islands | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming