Information on PAY-TEL Communications Inmate Telephone Service and Systems
PAY-TEL communications is an inmate telephone service operating in the southeastern United States, servicing correctional institutions in:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
PAY-TEL communications offers its customers a comprehensive, internet-based system. This allows inmates’ family and friends the ability to set up accounts, check and pay balances, request refunds, and block or unblock numbers, all online. PAY-TEL communications customers have 24-hour access to an Automated Customer Service Phone System in case they need any assistance.
PAY-TEL communications can be useful in the following situations:
- If your local telephone company has billing limits for collect calls
- If your wireless carrier has billing limits for collect calls
- If your phone number won’t allow collect calls from inmates
- If you want to benefit from discounted rates on collect calls
- If you need to budget your telephone bills
PAY-TEL communications offers the following features:
- Each call commences with a pre-recorded announcement of the correctional facility and the caller’s name. Only after the call has been accepted by the called party, will the billing start.
- Called parties have the option of listening to the call charges during collect calls.
- By opening a prepaid account with a Family Connection Calling Plan, called parties can benefit from significant reductions compared to standard rates with their local telephone company.
PAY-TEL communications offers two different kinds of accounts:
PAY-TEL Family Connection Calling Plan
This account offers discounts on every call received, depending on the prepaid amount that has been deposited. No credit checks are required to open a Family Connection Calling Plan account.
PAY-TEL Direct Bill Account
The Direct Bill Account requires customers to obtain a satisfactory Beacon Credit score. Once established, they may make calls up to the value of the credit limit.
Rates of service are available on their website: http://188.8.131.52/paytelcom/rates.html
Payments and fees
Bills and prepaid accounts can be paid by Visa, Mastercard, check or debit card, check, Moneygram or Western Union.
The minimum for any payment is $25.
Any payment via third party payment processor will be charged a Payment Processing Fee of $3 or more.
Included in the customer’s monthly telephone bill is a PAY-TEL communications monthly Bill Processing Fee. These charges are put in place to cover the billing, collecting and remitting of different regulated and government-mandated fees.
Pay Tel Contact Information
Website Contact Information: http://www.paytel.com/contactcs.php
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Providers, Inmate Telephone Service or Contact Us.
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)