Information on AirPatrol’s WLS Manager Wireless Locator System
According to Business Wire (July 27th, 2009), AirPatrol’s Wireless Locator System is by far the best alternative to using illegal cell phone jamming equipment in correctional institutions. The AirPatrol Corporation provides cell phone and wireless threat management solutions and has won awards at the 64th annual US Deputy Wardens Association Conference in Lake Ozark, Missouri.
According to Ozzie Diaz, CEO of the AirPatrol Corporation, “Contraband cell phone use is the single biggest issue facing correctional facilities from coast-to-coast as prisoners are finding ways to conduct gang business, to carry out crimes and to smuggle more items behind bars, leaving the pinpoint accuracy of the Wireless Locator System an ideal and needed solution.”
The Wireless Locator System, or WLS, is comprised of cell/WLAN sensors installed throughout correctional facilities and connected to a central system running WLS Manager via Ethernet cables.
AirPatrol’s MapView™ technology allows an at-a-glance view of the entire facility on a single screen, monitoring the airwaves 24 hours a day. All cellular, RF and 802.11 devices can be located with an accuracy of 6 feet or less.
System Features and Advantages
- Locates 802.11 a/b/g/n and cellular devices accurately
- Provides live intrusion alerts
- Customizable features according to facilities’ needs
- At-a-glance view of the entire wireless network
- Can display all devices (cellular and 802.11 a/b/g/n) on the same console
- Forensic, network planning and optimization tools
- Self-calibrates automatically
Fully integrated with the Check Point™ SMART Security Manager Architecture, the WLS Manager can notify administrators of any wireless threats on a live basis. Any contraband devices will trigger an automatic alert sent in various formats to several devices. Certain zones of the correctional facility can be configured to avoid false alarms. Each alert reports the full details of the intrusion along with a visual display of the device’s location. The devices can then be blocked by a remote user with scheduled and aimed DNS attacks.
Administrators can access information of previous wireless menaces, even those that occurred months ago, by using WLS Connect. The data from these threats can be correlated with information from other security records, such as video surveillance, identity management and physical access control, in order to provide a clearer understanding of the incidents.
WLS Connect offers the following information in its reports:
- Location of 802.11 WLAN and cellular devices in the monitored area
- Connection times of cellular device events (phone calls, emails, SMS, etc)
- MAC addresses, SSIDs and association states of WLAN devices
- Frequencies and cellular protocol type for cellular devices
The console allows several users to monitor different installations from either a centralized operation or remote network locations.
AirPatrol WLS Cell/WLAN Sensors
The cell/WLAN sensors can detect both 802.11 a/b/g/n and cellular phone activity in 800MHz and 1900MHz bands through an Ethernet connection. The sensor contains a couple of Ethernet ports that has network by-pass capabilities, allowing the sensors to work with any existing network infrastructures.
Features and Advantages
- Detects 802.11 a/b/g/n devices
- Identifies cell phones in 824-849 MHz and 1850-1910 MHz bands
- Detects IDEN cellular devices
- Quick setup and arrangement
- Industrial-grade, compact design
- Network by-pass data port
- IEEE 802.3 af compatible PoE or DC local power 12-60V DC 10W
All-Weather Sensor in tamper-resistant metal, Feature and Advantages:
- Weather-proof, water-resistant rubber seal
- Suitable for extreme operating conditions (tested at -40°C to 85°C or -40°F to 185°F)
- Hardware protected by tamper-proof, aluminum case
- Heat sink for high temperatures
You can watch a system demo at http://www.airpatrolcorp.com/video_wls_overview.php.
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Providers, Inmate Telephone Service or Contact Us.
TextNow | Skype | PhonePower | eVoice | SpoofCard
Search The Web:
Wireless Locator System – AirPatrol’s WLS Manager
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)